On behalf of the Hockomock Area Y, we would like to invite your triathlon club or team to join us at our 8th Annual sprint triathlon at Lake Pearl in Wrentham, Massachusetts. The fun and friendly race is on Sunday, July 20, 2014, with a start time of 8 am.
The Hockomock Area Y is proud to host the only para-triathlon friendly race in New England, and last year we welcomed Team Hoyt to Lake Pearl. The race is welcoming to beginners as well as youth and juniors, but the rolling hills on the bike and run will challenge experienced triathletes looking to push the pace, as well.
We are looking forward to another great event this year, and are excited to announce a new Club Competition. Each team must contain a minimum of 5 members with at least 2 females. Teams will be scored by totaling the times of the 2 fastest females and the 3 next fastest times, regardless of the racer’s gender. Each team must designate a team captain. The first place team will be awarded a trophy, as well as each individual racer’s finisher’s medal. Individual racers are also eligible for place medals.
The basic info for the race:
.25 mile SWIM, 9 mile BIKE, 3.1 mile RUN.
- Swim is in a calm lake, with an in-water wave start.
- Bike and run provide moderate hills through Franklin, Norfolk, and Wrentham.
- Centrally located and easily accessed grass transition area.
- Free tech tee and finisher medals. Top 3 finishers in each category will also be recognized with place medals.
- Club competition with trophy to first place team. Club members are also eligible for individual medals.
- Open Water Swim clinics and course previews will be conducted at the race site. Dates TBA.
- Comprehensive Athlete’s Guide.
- Field limited to 400 racers.
All proceeds from the race benefit the Hockomock Area Y’s Reach Out for Youth & Families Campaign. Through this campaign, the Y is able to provide confidential financial assistance to children and families in the local community to enable them to experience the Y’s mission-driven programs and services – regardless of ability to pay.
Below is the link to the event webpage:
Hockomock Area Y Triathlon
Register Now at imATHLETE:
imAthlete Registration Page
Any team members interested in volunteering at the race, please contact Mike Mahoney at the Y: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see your team at Lake Pearl during the 2014 racing season!
Eric Averill, Race Director | USAT level II Race Director
Michael Bordonaro, Race Organizer | Director of Special Events and Volunteer Development at the Hockomock Area YMCA
Afton Templin, Tri Committee Chair